By: Presley, PTA
Getting into a routine is NOT easy. I am a visual person so I love to have things right in front of me which is why I always make lists. Here's my tips, let's make a list!
- Make goals for yourself. What's your weight goal? What's your dieting goals? Fitness goal?
- Meal prep. I know, this is way easier said than done. Especially if you have little ones running around but anything you can do to save time, DO IT.
- Get rid of junk food. Go through that pantry and throw away those Oreos and Flaming Hot Cheetos (my krptonite). Stock up on healthy snacks such as: trail mix, nuts, veggies, fruit, or yogurt!
- Get a workout buddy. They will help you stay accountable and it makes it MORE FUN! I workout with my friend, Katie and we laugh and cry. HAHA But really, find a buddy.
- Download a fitness app or start a food log.
-I use my Fitness Pal app and put in what I eat daily. I even put in if I ate an M&M! This helps hold yourself accountable on what you are putting into your body.
If you are trying to BUILD muscle, you want to INCREASE your weight and DECREASE your repetitions.
If you are trying to TONE muscle, you want to DECREASE your weight and INCREASE your repetitions.